It was a highly successful trip to the Pennsylvania Phi Beta Lambda State Conference in Gettysburg for BU’s Phi Beta Lambda students, who collectively won awards in 10 different categories.
At the recent conference, the club took awards such as second place in the Gold Seal Chapter Award of Merit and was recognized for being the eighth most active chapter in the country.
- Accounting Analysis and Decision Making: 3rd place team of Erin Ditro and Kara Meyer
- Accounting for Professionals: 2nd place Nicole Jubin
- Accounting Principles: 1st place Ryan Kassees
- Cost Accounting: 2nd place Tyler Rutt
- Economic Analysis and Decision Making: 2nd place team of Evan Simpson and Ryan Kassees
- Impromptu Speaking: 3rd place Erin Ditro
- Marketing Analysis and Decision Making: 1st place team of Sydney Paige and Kara Meyer
- Project Management: 3rd place Kelsi Washburn
- Public Speaking: 3rd place Elena Alfano
- Word Processing: 3rd place Amanda Barber
There are approximately 600 PBL members in about 30 chapters across the state. Other participating schools included Alvernia University, Bucknell University, Drexel University, Elizabethtown College, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Lebanon Valley College, Penn State – Main Campus, Shippensburg University, University of Pittsburgh, and Wilkes University among many others.