Delta Phi Epsilon, in a collaborative effort with the Women’s Resource Center, helped spread awareness about anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, cachexia, compulsive exercising and other related eating disorders through several events across campus in recognition of Eating Disorders Awareness Week, Feb. 23 to March 1.
- Trash Your Insecurities – Throw your negative self talk in the garbage! Donate your extra change and write down what you want to do to “Change your life.” Pick up a purple ribbon to support awareness of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders.
- Be-you-tiful You Day – Find sticky notes on bathroom mirrors and tell us one thing that’s beautiful about you!
- Why you’re better than Barbie Day – Write down all the reason why you are better than stereotypical views and encourage positive body image.
- Let’s bitch about it – Gather around in the Multicultural Center to watch clips from the media portraying negative body image and let’s bash them!
- That’s a wrap – Let’s wrap up things by displaying the achievements over the past week to encourage the future of positive body image.